Skip to main content

Being Thankful to Your Food _ or _ How Our Energy Affects the Outcome

When we cook, we should be grateful for the turkey we have, the vegetables that were picked for our enjoyment and the fresh beverages that wash it all down. 

Why, though? 

Is it because we feel for the turkey who died or are we to be grateful it had the opportunity to be consumed and provide us with vital
energy?
Either way, how we feel and how we treat our foods tends to affect the outcome, the taste and the overall enjoyment of our food. Perhaps it's because our subtle energies affect the subtle energies around us. 

Maybe it's because if we are paying attention to what we are preparing, we do it more carefully, with conscious effort and the result is better. Either or both ways, our gratitude affects our meal, the people we share it with and the holiday or occasion on which we were brought together for such an opportunity. 

I am at anothers' house this holiday season so I will be preparing little, but when I cut up my fruit for the traditional fruit salad (Check out my grandma's simple recipe), I will do my best to cut it all in a way that the bites will fit nicely into the mouth, have the opportunity to mix with as many flavors as possible and taste good to those who eat it. 

A bit much, maybe, but I really love food. 


Happy Thanksgiving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quantum relativity, my thoughts after 22 years of studying thinking on it

A Hypothesis on the relation of all things, and the absence of dark matter. Hypothesis: everything exists. Nothing does not. The appearance and physiological traits of any quantum particle, remain muted, until interacted with through an energetic force. Once energy hits, a quantum particle, its inherent qualities come to like, augmented by, and for the interaction. Each interaction type, causes quantum particles to behave and grow/deplete/mutate differently than other interaction types. Interaction types include Sound Light Physical Sent Thought Feeling/emotion All reverberate differently, with varied reactions, and in line with both Newtonian physics and relativity. If something is not relevant, it stays muted in a seeming void, which is actually all that is, was, and will be. When it is relative to an energy source, it becomes active, changeable to other areas/acts:aspects of energy. It grows, or depletes indirect response. The mean Upon the dark, formless void. From the darkness, th...

Past My Limit or Internal Lies. Three tips on personal motivation.

Every time I say to myself that I have reached my limit or that I'm past my limit, I have the instant emotional response that it's just not true. Like most, throughout my life I've had a variety of experiences, some pretty harsh trials and many lessons in endurance and perseverance. Here's a few tips on how to keep going when you feel there is no possible way you can. 1. Ignore reality. Not completely, but in some ways ignore the elements that make you feel there is no way out. Relationships that are ending, finances that are drained and the faith of others in your talents that has just run out are all real and actual problems. In personal and professional realms, there are times when you just can't see moving forward nor feel you have the strength to do so. I suggest you ignore it a little and get out of your current perspective. I can recall the day I drove into Millcreek Broadcasting, a small Utah radio group, to apply for a job. At twenty two I hadn't h...

Startup Weekend_One week later

It's been one week since the Startup Weekend in Salt Lake and I've had a bit of time to process the event, the outcome and my personal experiences with this phenomenal three day marathon. First, let me say that I heard of this event after complaining that Utah didn't have a lot of entrepreneurial type conferences. I take back some of what I said and have to admit, if a single event were to come to this state in lieu of all others, I'd be okay with Startup Weekend being that event. For those of you not familiar, this is a competition where people pitch ideas, research, plan and execute a group of start up businesses in a three day period. That said, here's more about the event- what I would do differently, some of my favorite aspects and what's happened since last Saturday. If I had it all to do over again, I'd do almost all of it different. I don't know if I've ever felt that way before, but it's true for Startup Weekend. For example, I would ha...