Skip to main content

Local Real Estate Agent Dedicates Commissions to the BLM



Emily Fuller, a Utah Real Estate agent with a focus on equestrian properties, has decided to give back by donating commissions from every home sale to the BLM for the care of wild Mustangs.
Riverton Utah Real Estate Agent Emily Fuller
Real Estate Agent Emily Fuller and her Mustang Paco Fino, Stormy
When Emily Fuller turned sixteen, it wasn’t a shiny car that kept her attention and it certainly wasn’t dresses and Seventeen magazine. Emily had a love for Stormy, her Mustang-Paco Fino horse. From an even earlier age, Emily had a gift with horses, training the large and wild animals without fear.  Now 30, Fuller sees a current and pressing need to help wild Mustangs throughout her home state. The BLM or, Bureau of Land Management, has the task of rounding up 10,000 horses this year, increasing the already heavy taxpayer burden to house and store for the animals long term. Emily’s plan? Help to care for the horses using  her Real Estate business.
Each year, the Bureau of Land management cares for tens of thousands of horses and the cost is heavy. In 2010, the total budget for the program was sixty five million, thirty seven of which went to the long term care and feeding of the animals. This year, the BLM must round up another ten thousand Mustangs in order to prevent starvation and overpopulation. Each horse costs an estimated four hundred and seventy five dollars every year until the animal is adopted or deceased. This means an increase of four million, seven hundred fifty thousand dollars a year for the new additions plus round up costs of about thirty seven million.
“Horses are freedom,” describes Fuller. “The feeling you get when riding such a powerful animal is unexplainable. You know their power, can feel it when you ride them, but they are the most gentle, loving animal you could know.” With a commitment to horses, her customers and country, Emily has decided to take five percent of every Utah home sale for the next six months and donate it to the BLM. Her commissions will serve to decrease the likelihood that the animals will have to be disposed of, a possibility with our current budget crisis. As KSL news recently reported, the BLM figured the west could sustain some 27,000 wild horses but now, the BLM estimates that some 37,000 wild horses are roaming. With roughly 45,000 wild horses already in BLM holding facilities, space is quickly running out.
“I got into real estate because it is such a crucial time for agents to work hard at helping people to realize their dream home. With the market coming back up, I’d like to work for my clients while helping with a cause we both may be interested in.” Fuller has a focus on equestrian real estate, though she can help any new homeowner in Utah with their purchase. For the next six months, prospective home buyers can feel good with Fuller as their agent, knowing a significant portion of money will go to help decrease the taxpayer burden of caring for the wild Mustangs. “Both of my horses are part Mustang, their strength and resilience is something to behold. The BLM is trying to preserve these beautiful animals and to find homes for those they bring in- I would like to help with that.”
For information on how you can help with Emily Fuller’s real estate program for the BLM, email JenniferLynn@WebofAllies.comor visit Emily Fuller’s website at REmily.co.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A World of Life, or Why to Live is the Opposite of Evil

 Wow. This is getting tough.  Not the work of life. Not life. Those have always been tough. What's getting to be so tough that it's almost unbearable, is knowing what I can do for so many that are struggling, while having the fear of change, doom, climate, water, food... on and on until it grips people so hard, that they don't move. They can't hear that there are options. When they see them, they are so tired of being lied to or manipulated that even when they think something is good, the past won't let them open up their own future. Having solutions for people didn't start with the solution, for me. In my life, it was always about the people. When I was young, I wanted to be a lawyer, but I ended up in business. It was my mom, actually, who showed me the world of marketing. I had no idea I'd end up there, but I loved watching her mind work, he sessions with my dad that felt like they were on fire, even from the top of the stairs or through the vents, where

I love Memorial Day (and leave the BBQ's alone)

I love memorial day. I didn't used to think of it much and I BBQ all the time, so I'm not too impressed with all those cartoons running around. I love memorial day because I get to officially remember people, many of whom I think about consistently but It wasn't always this way. Remembering can be hard and (in my opinion) paying tribute to those memories are an individual choice. I was living away from my family, in Arizona and married to an individual that didn't prefer me having any connections to people outside of him. My grandmothers both passed away in this time and I was unaware. My grandmother in Florida was an adorable little woman when I got to know her as a young kid. From my mom's stories, I know it wasn't always that way. Grandma Gron had to be tough to live through my grandpa and I promise you, tough is an understatement. She raised three children and my mother is of the best I have the pleasure of knowing or to know or know of. I remember and c

Past My Limit or Internal Lies. Three tips on personal motivation.

Every time I say to myself that I have reached my limit or that I'm past my limit, I have the instant emotional response that it's just not true. Like most, throughout my life I've had a variety of experiences, some pretty harsh trials and many lessons in endurance and perseverance. Here's a few tips on how to keep going when you feel there is no possible way you can. 1. Ignore reality. Not completely, but in some ways ignore the elements that make you feel there is no way out. Relationships that are ending, finances that are drained and the faith of others in your talents that has just run out are all real and actual problems. In personal and professional realms, there are times when you just can't see moving forward nor feel you have the strength to do so. I suggest you ignore it a little and get out of your current perspective. I can recall the day I drove into Millcreek Broadcasting, a small Utah radio group, to apply for a job. At twenty two I hadn't h