Skip to main content

Stop Insulting Karma or Building Your Web of Allies

One of my least favorite sayings is that "Karma is a bitch". Not only is it telling of the person saying it, it's just not true. Karma, good or bad, can provide a clarity of our true self as well as a path for moving forward.

Like many, throughout my life, I've had the opportunity to examine my past, define where I am headed and tap into what I call my Web of Allies. Having come from an incredible family and having had a bright childhood filled with books, nature and curiosity, my young adult life came as a surprise. Without the love I was used to and faced with challenges, abuse and anger I was unaccustomed to, I fell into times of self pity. Though I was able to stay motivated enough to get out of the situations, there still came a time when I felt like someone that even I wouldn't like to know. I turned on myself and allowed depression to become an excuse for a lack of focus and drive. I blamed people that had hurt me or who I thought were responsible for the situations I wasn't prepared to cope with. Though I do understand that we all make decisions and those decisions have the ability to impact those around us, I did have to accept that my fate and direction in life was a result of my own decisions, aka, karma. I had flaws, just like everyone else and even though not all flaws seem to be so, there are opportunities for failure in even the most well intentioned efforts.

Karma is an ally, a guiding light that can show us not only what has come of our past but also how our world works with our individual traits. Karma has the ability to find our fatal flaws, show them to us and to provide a way to amplify our strengths, build on our personal history and navigate the ever changing world. In life, we put out energy, we process information and respond (even a non response could be considered a response) and we receive results based on our individual decisions.

I've asked people in my life what they thought their biggest mistakes were, their worst moments and I've been surprised at some of the answers. Some individuals I wished I'd asked sooner, others I felt terrible for because their seemingly minor infractions have caused years of anguish, self doubt and depression. These personal and internal feelings have a way of seeping into our reality, holding us back from greatness and love, disabling our ability to live life to the fullest. For example, if I were to spend all of my time brooding over my errors, reflecting on what I should or should not have done, I would be unable or unwilling to see and accept the stream of incredible love and fortune that comes my way. As a matter of fact, I can pinpoint times in my life when internal conversation or negative self reflection has eliminated opportunities to find success and I now continually make conscious efforts to be a better version of my past self. Not that I feel it's necessary, rather I feel it's inevitable if I am to be a productive, thoughtful and giving person in this incredible life. I know I've limited myself in the past and that I still sometimes create situations that hold me back, but I push through them, no matter how uncomfortable. I listen to others and try to reply "thank you" to compliments though those can be two of the hardest words to say if you have decided to be critical (they are also an insult to the giver of the compliment if you think about it. You are telling them they are not correct in their assumptions.).

When you look at your life and the people, things and experiences you are have now, might I suggest seeing the truth in where you are, how you got here? Even if you are not where you want to be or have imagined yourself should be, karma can be an excellent indicator of how to move forward. If you are truly happy and feel your life is fulfilling, remember to thank your Universe, reality and self for all you have been given and all you've become. We are treasure troves of incredible wonder and karma can enable your fortune to grow, your ability to increase and your true self to amplify. Karma can be a best friend, and rightfully so. Use it to build on your own Web of Allies, to find those people who truly know who you are, accept you and allow you to accept them. Build on your self trust and enable others to do the same, you may be surprised at the gifts that karma sends your way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A World of Life, or Why to Live is the Opposite of Evil

 Wow. This is getting tough.  Not the work of life. Not life. Those have always been tough. What's getting to be so tough that it's almost unbearable, is knowing what I can do for so many that are struggling, while having the fear of change, doom, climate, water, food... on and on until it grips people so hard, that they don't move. They can't hear that there are options. When they see them, they are so tired of being lied to or manipulated that even when they think something is good, the past won't let them open up their own future. Having solutions for people didn't start with the solution, for me. In my life, it was always about the people. When I was young, I wanted to be a lawyer, but I ended up in business. It was my mom, actually, who showed me the world of marketing. I had no idea I'd end up there, but I loved watching her mind work, he sessions with my dad that felt like they were on fire, even from the top of the stairs or through the vents, where

I love Memorial Day (and leave the BBQ's alone)

I love memorial day. I didn't used to think of it much and I BBQ all the time, so I'm not too impressed with all those cartoons running around. I love memorial day because I get to officially remember people, many of whom I think about consistently but It wasn't always this way. Remembering can be hard and (in my opinion) paying tribute to those memories are an individual choice. I was living away from my family, in Arizona and married to an individual that didn't prefer me having any connections to people outside of him. My grandmothers both passed away in this time and I was unaware. My grandmother in Florida was an adorable little woman when I got to know her as a young kid. From my mom's stories, I know it wasn't always that way. Grandma Gron had to be tough to live through my grandpa and I promise you, tough is an understatement. She raised three children and my mother is of the best I have the pleasure of knowing or to know or know of. I remember and c

Past My Limit or Internal Lies. Three tips on personal motivation.

Every time I say to myself that I have reached my limit or that I'm past my limit, I have the instant emotional response that it's just not true. Like most, throughout my life I've had a variety of experiences, some pretty harsh trials and many lessons in endurance and perseverance. Here's a few tips on how to keep going when you feel there is no possible way you can. 1. Ignore reality. Not completely, but in some ways ignore the elements that make you feel there is no way out. Relationships that are ending, finances that are drained and the faith of others in your talents that has just run out are all real and actual problems. In personal and professional realms, there are times when you just can't see moving forward nor feel you have the strength to do so. I suggest you ignore it a little and get out of your current perspective. I can recall the day I drove into Millcreek Broadcasting, a small Utah radio group, to apply for a job. At twenty two I hadn't h