Skip to main content

Action from Inaction

I have practiced what I am about to preach and add to it daily. Beginning projects, assigning myself work and homework. Tasks. Testing myself in a variety of ways and enhancing my qualities, working on deficits. It seems easy, to live. I don't find it easy and I can't seem to "just live my life" or "grow up." I call myself a true believer, I have been called many things, but at the end of the day, they all break down to the same thing. I am a worker. A builder.

Yesterday, I added to the frequency and topic areas for my online press releases. I have, in the past, written about topics ranging from the Nobel Peace Prize Winner to the Operation VoIP Launch party for i-Fortuity. Yesterday, I went forward promoting two diverse groups - Aristocrats and NetworkingPhoenix.com. Though grassroots, social networking, entrepreneurs and the future are at the core of each group, the individuals in control of them could not be more different. I say, for now this doesn't matter. It's the work that can be accomplished at each, but to what end? Do I have the right to judge the people I work with or is my work the only ideal? I'm not sure.
*****
Social responsibility is difficult at best. I read, travel and participate in culture all the time. I have a broad knowledge base, but it makes it harder to narrow down that which is important. I also enjoy people, their ideas, motivation and, in adding to it, I feel I have accomplished something for society. It takes a lot to begin something, to have an idea and then actually set it in motion. Inaction and passivity are admired and easy. Trail blazing and initiative are at the core of the entertainment and suspense many of us crave as well as the real life actions that inspire it. Does it matter the direction of the motivation? Does society need all we all have? I truly think we are at a time when we will see what section(s) of society have the staying power, the work ethic and the foresight necessary to traverse these beguiling times. We will also see where we have lived in excess, on false pretense or with unwarranted expectation. Our work will not end for some time and our responsibility for those around us will continue to heavy. I get excited, not knowing what lies ahead and at the same time feel a grave and guilty sense that I have a part in it. We all do.

I say, Let's get to work. Let's find our common needs and put our past couple of thousand years of knowledge, tenacity and skill to work. Let's not sit, depressed or idle. As the masses, let's engage our individual futures and see the Social Responsibility we have to live bravely, fully and in a conscious state of awareness as to how we affect all that is around us. Let's not give reason for us to have a single moment in the future where we say "We should have," "Could have." Let's shine through this transitioning in business, this unification of culture and the changes to the global economy and bring a sense of excitement and childlike wonder to this necessary stage in evolution.

Social drift, perhaps?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quantum relativity, my thoughts after 22 years of studying thinking on it

A Hypothesis on the relation of all things, and the absence of dark matter. Hypothesis: everything exists. Nothing does not. The appearance and physiological traits of any quantum particle, remain muted, until interacted with through an energetic force. Once energy hits, a quantum particle, its inherent qualities come to like, augmented by, and for the interaction. Each interaction type, causes quantum particles to behave and grow/deplete/mutate differently than other interaction types. Interaction types include Sound Light Physical Sent Thought Feeling/emotion All reverberate differently, with varied reactions, and in line with both Newtonian physics and relativity. If something is not relevant, it stays muted in a seeming void, which is actually all that is, was, and will be. When it is relative to an energy source, it becomes active, changeable to other areas/acts:aspects of energy. It grows, or depletes indirect response. The mean Upon the dark, formless void. From the darkness, th...

Past My Limit or Internal Lies. Three tips on personal motivation.

Every time I say to myself that I have reached my limit or that I'm past my limit, I have the instant emotional response that it's just not true. Like most, throughout my life I've had a variety of experiences, some pretty harsh trials and many lessons in endurance and perseverance. Here's a few tips on how to keep going when you feel there is no possible way you can. 1. Ignore reality. Not completely, but in some ways ignore the elements that make you feel there is no way out. Relationships that are ending, finances that are drained and the faith of others in your talents that has just run out are all real and actual problems. In personal and professional realms, there are times when you just can't see moving forward nor feel you have the strength to do so. I suggest you ignore it a little and get out of your current perspective. I can recall the day I drove into Millcreek Broadcasting, a small Utah radio group, to apply for a job. At twenty two I hadn't h...

Startup Weekend_One week later

It's been one week since the Startup Weekend in Salt Lake and I've had a bit of time to process the event, the outcome and my personal experiences with this phenomenal three day marathon. First, let me say that I heard of this event after complaining that Utah didn't have a lot of entrepreneurial type conferences. I take back some of what I said and have to admit, if a single event were to come to this state in lieu of all others, I'd be okay with Startup Weekend being that event. For those of you not familiar, this is a competition where people pitch ideas, research, plan and execute a group of start up businesses in a three day period. That said, here's more about the event- what I would do differently, some of my favorite aspects and what's happened since last Saturday. If I had it all to do over again, I'd do almost all of it different. I don't know if I've ever felt that way before, but it's true for Startup Weekend. For example, I would ha...