Skip to main content

The Self Proclaimed Bad Ass Office or Kelli is Still Our Favorite

Funny story. It's about to be my 20th High School Reunion. To be honest, I wanted to go to Jordan, where my sister had gone and where all my friends went, but just before 9th grade, my family moved. When I got to Bingham, I was not comfortable most of the time and spent my fair share of the day getting teased and harassed by other students, ducking class to feel better about life and, in general, having a High School experience. I didn't care for pep rallies and football bothered me on financial principals but I managed to find a loophole, go to college and technically graduate early so I din't have to worry about it all too much. I had a full time job, had started a business that I would learn didn't suit me and I did stay in Debate, my favorite place, through the end of my high school days. Recently, I was on a social media page for our school and, since we hadn't found our Student Body in the many months we'd been looking for them and since someone had piped in that I may be a good choice to throw a party, I said.. "Let's do it." Shortly after, there was a windfall of objections, insults and other hilarious comments but it taught me something great.

No one likes a self proclaimed bad ass.
And...
Most everyone wants to be a bad ass.
You have to be willing to proclaim your bad-assery or allow it to be proclaimed. It's just one of those things.


Whether you want to be the best parent to your kids or the finest of stock brokers, people love the skill, expertise and confidence of someone who knows they are great. Think of every show that involves a "hero" or anyone of exceptional talent. Think of that movie when someone finally turns a corner and realizes that no matter how small, how seemingly insignifigant, their ability to accept the gifts and curses they were given to do the job they were born or destined to do stands up, sees the obstacles and pummels them.

It's a great moment.

Back to the reunion. All I had to say was "my bad ass offices" and someone jumped all over me. All I had to do was say "no thanks, I'm going to do my thing and throw a party" and people (not all), were offended. It's funny, it's frustrating and it's incredible to me that it matters. Let's throw 40 parties, we had over two thousand kids in my graduating class. What struck me is that anyone would object or try to "take over" twenty years after high school. I haven't gone to any reunions but through the gifts of Facebook, time, therapy and great people, I've come to a point where I want to see some of the people I knew and, yes, I want to share what I've been up to.

I'm kind of a bad ass. Self proclaimed, yes but... A few people would agree and that was enough for Hot Rod. It's enough for me. You see, if I don't accept that I was given certain gifts, talents and past experiences for the work that seems to be laid right out before me, it's not all been for nothing, but... I won't be fulfilled.




When I look at it too personally, it's nuts. To see what's been put in my path and at the same time be in these times and with my limitations. I have to protect a certain level of confidence lest I lose all hope and fail. Pretty tough but them's the breaks.

So... I don't accept consistent weakness in myself.

I have to decide to be that bad ass and then create my world to reflect and support my works.

I break down, I freak out, I cry. But in the interim, I call people far above my pay grade and offer my services in exchange for education and opportunity. I learn about everything I can. I speak to so many people without much consideration for their vibrational or social level in life and take their words with me. I talk openly with far too many people and share too much, knowing it could come back to me but hoping it does with purpose, one way or another.

This next phase is and is going to be difficult. Likely the most difficult of my life so far but it's based on purpose. It's what has been given to me. It's what I want to be doing. It's what I'm capable of and.. if I fail, it will only be partially.

To live, to be bold, to tell people you are proud of what you have accomplished is to honor those around you, the Universe and all that you feel has given you light and life. This is my opinion.

Proclaim who you are.
Don't get stuck on it.


To progress is to evolve.
Be an Evolutionary.
10/01/2016
2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A World of Life, or Why to Live is the Opposite of Evil

 Wow. This is getting tough.  Not the work of life. Not life. Those have always been tough. What's getting to be so tough that it's almost unbearable, is knowing what I can do for so many that are struggling, while having the fear of change, doom, climate, water, food... on and on until it grips people so hard, that they don't move. They can't hear that there are options. When they see them, they are so tired of being lied to or manipulated that even when they think something is good, the past won't let them open up their own future. Having solutions for people didn't start with the solution, for me. In my life, it was always about the people. When I was young, I wanted to be a lawyer, but I ended up in business. It was my mom, actually, who showed me the world of marketing. I had no idea I'd end up there, but I loved watching her mind work, he sessions with my dad that felt like they were on fire, even from the top of the stairs or through the vents, where

I love Memorial Day (and leave the BBQ's alone)

I love memorial day. I didn't used to think of it much and I BBQ all the time, so I'm not too impressed with all those cartoons running around. I love memorial day because I get to officially remember people, many of whom I think about consistently but It wasn't always this way. Remembering can be hard and (in my opinion) paying tribute to those memories are an individual choice. I was living away from my family, in Arizona and married to an individual that didn't prefer me having any connections to people outside of him. My grandmothers both passed away in this time and I was unaware. My grandmother in Florida was an adorable little woman when I got to know her as a young kid. From my mom's stories, I know it wasn't always that way. Grandma Gron had to be tough to live through my grandpa and I promise you, tough is an understatement. She raised three children and my mother is of the best I have the pleasure of knowing or to know or know of. I remember and c

Past My Limit or Internal Lies. Three tips on personal motivation.

Every time I say to myself that I have reached my limit or that I'm past my limit, I have the instant emotional response that it's just not true. Like most, throughout my life I've had a variety of experiences, some pretty harsh trials and many lessons in endurance and perseverance. Here's a few tips on how to keep going when you feel there is no possible way you can. 1. Ignore reality. Not completely, but in some ways ignore the elements that make you feel there is no way out. Relationships that are ending, finances that are drained and the faith of others in your talents that has just run out are all real and actual problems. In personal and professional realms, there are times when you just can't see moving forward nor feel you have the strength to do so. I suggest you ignore it a little and get out of your current perspective. I can recall the day I drove into Millcreek Broadcasting, a small Utah radio group, to apply for a job. At twenty two I hadn't h